Arsenal FC, Club Atlético de Madrid and Bayer 04 Leverkusen made it through to the last 16, on a night when Juventus and FC Zenit advanced their chances of progressing.
Article top media content
• Arsenal, Atlético and Leverkusen through to round of 16 with game to spare
• Five places in knockout phase still up for grabs going into matchday six
• Mario Mandžukić scores hat-trick as Atlético put four past Olympiacos
• Yaya Sanogo registers first ever Arsenal goal in defeat of Dortmund
• Monaco and Zenit set for winner-takes-all meeting on 9 December
Follow the match links for reports, reaction and, from midnight CET, highlights (until 24.00CET on Wednesday).
Malmö FF 0-2 Juventus
• Malmö proved a tough nut to crack, but Fernando Llorente found the breakthrough and Carlos Tévez wrapped up the win with two minutes left.
FC Basel 1893 0-1 Real Madrid CF
• Cristiano Ronaldo's fourth goal of the group stage was enough for a victory that rubber-stamps top spot for the holders.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen 0-1 AS Monaco FC
• The Bundesliga side were already through at kick-off thanks to Zenit's victory and were undone by Lucas Ocampos's effort 18 minutes from time.
Arsenal FC 2-0 Borussia Dortmund
• Sanogo and Alexis Sánchez were on the mark against already-qualified Dortmund to send the Gunners through.