Champions League group stage draw pots
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
The four pots have been confirmed for the UEFA Champions League group stage draw, which will be streamed live on UEFA.com from 18:00CEST on Thursday.
Article top media content
The UEFA Champions League group stage draw takes place on Thursday at 18:00CEST and will be streamed live in our DrawCentre.
Which teams are in which pots?
- Pot 1 consists of the holders (Real Madrid) and the champions of the top-seven ranked nations at the end of 2014/15 (when the 2016/17 access list was set).
Pot 1: Real Madrid (ESP, holders), Barcelona (ESP), Leicester City (ENG), Bayern München (GER), Juventus (ITA), Benfica (POR), Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), CSKA Moskva (RUS)
- The remaining three pots are decided by each team's UEFA club coefficient as of the end of last season.
Pot 2: Atlético Madrid (ESP), Borussia Dortmund (GER), Arsenal (ENG), Manchester City (ENG), Sevilla (ESP), Porto (POR), Napoli (ITA), Bayer Leverkusen (GER)
Pot 3: Basel (SUI), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG), Dynamo Kyiv (UKR), Lyon (FRA), PSV Eindhoven (NED), Sporting CP (POR), Club Brugge (BEL), Mönchengladbach (GER)
Pot 4: Celtic (SCO), Monaco (FRA), Beşiktaş (TUR), Legia Warszawa (POL), Dinamo Zagreb (CRO), Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL), København (DEN), Rostov (RUS)
- No team can play a club from their own association, with the exact draw procedure to be confirmed before the ceremony.
- Following a decision by the UEFA Executive Committee, Ukrainian and Russian teams cannot be drawn against each other.
- The draw also establishes the groups for the UEFA Champions League path of the UEFA Youth League.
- The draw ceremony includes the vote for and presentation of the 2015/16 UEFA Best Player in Europe Awards for men and women.
Road to Cardiff
When are the draws?
25/08/16: Group stage
12/12/16: Round of 16
When are the matches?
13–14/09/16: Group stage, matchday one
27–28/09/16: Group stage, matchday two
18–19/10/16: Group stage, matchday three
01–02/11/16: Group stage, matchday four
22–23/11/16: Group stage, matchday five
06–07/12/16: Group stage, matchday six
14–15/02/17 and 21–22/02/17: Round of 16, first leg
07–08/03/17 and 14–15/03/17: Round of 16, second leg
11–12/04/17: Quarter-finals, first leg
18–19/04/17: Quarter-finals, second leg
02–03/05/17: Semi-finals, first leg
09–10/05/17: Semi-finals, second leg
03/06/17: Final (National Stadium of Wales, Cardiff)