Keep track of the UEFA Champions League contenders' form between the group stage and the start of the knockouts on 14 February.
Article top media content
The UEFA Champions League hopefuls have now returned from their winter breaks. Keep track of the contenders' form before the start of the knockouts on 14 February. Who's running hot? Who's not?
Form: WDDDWW (all competitions, most recent first)
Most recent result: Mainz 0-4 Bayern, 01/02, German Cup
Where they stand: 1st in Bundesliga, German Cup quarter-finals
Round of 16: Paris, 14/02 (a) | 08/03 (h)
- Bayern's lead at the Bundesliga summit is down to a single point after three successive 1-1 draws following the winter break; they returned to winning ways in the cup on Wednesday, though, thanks to goals from Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, Jamal Musiala, Leroy Sané and Alphonso Davies.
- Two more goals, against Arouca on Tuesday, took João Mário to 14 for the season in all competitions (a personal best). The Eagles have lost just once this season.
- Chelsea have failed to score in seven of their last 11 matches, and only have five goals in the other four games.
- Victory at Zulte Waregem brought Scott Parker his first win as Club Brugge coach and the team's first success in eight matches.
- Dortmund have recorded three consecutive victories since returning from the winter break, having won just six of their previous 16 games in all competitions.
- Frankfurt returned from their two-month winter break with an emphatic win against bottom-of-the-table Schalke before holding high-flyers Freiburg and Bayern – Randal Kolo Muani was on target in both those away draws.
- Lautaro Martínez has six goals in his last six games for Inter after his double saw off Cremonese.
- Marco Rose's side extended their unbeaten run to 17 games (W14 D3) on Wednesday, Emil Forsberg, Konrad Laimer and Timo Werner the goalscorers against Hoffenheim.
- The FA Cup holders were eliminated from this season's competition after conceding in added time away to Brighton.
- Nathan Aké was the unlikely hero, sliding in the only goal from Jack Grealish's pass, as City reached the last 16 of the FA Cup for the eighth season in a row by beating Arsenal.
- The Italian champions have conceded 12 goals in a run of three straight defeats and are now winless in their last six outings (D2 L4).
- Napoli have won 15 of their last 16 league games.
- The French champions and league leaders had dropped eight points from the last available 12 in Ligue 1 prior to their narrow victory over Montpellier.
Most recent result: Maritimo 0-2 Porto, 01/02, Portuguese Liga
Where they stand: 2nd in Liga, Portuguese Cup quarter-finals, Portuguese League Cup winners
Round of 16: Inter, 22/02 (a) | 14/03 (h)
- The Dragons are 18 matches unbeaten in all competitions (W15 D3), scoring 49 goals in the process.
- The European champions are 17 matches unbeaten at home (W13 D4), stretching back to last season's Champions League quarter-final defeat against Chelsea.
- Heung-Min Son ended a run of one goal in 17 games for club and country by scoring twice in the victory at Preston. New signing Arnaut Danjuma came off the bench and found the net on his debut too.