Holders Real Madrid CF meet Club Atlético de Madrid in the quarter-finals, a repeat of last year's final, while there is a rapid reunion for Paris Saint-Germain and FC Barcelona.
Article top media content
Holders Real Madrid CF face neighbours Club Atlético de Madrid in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, while there is also a repeat of the 1987 European Champion Clubs' Cup final.
UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw
Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona – 15/21 April
Club Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid CF – 14/22 April
FC Porto v FC Bayern München – 15/21 April
AS Monaco FC v Juventus – 14/22 April
• Madrid beat Atlético 4-1 in last season's UEFA Champions League final in Lisbon, although it took a last-gasp equaliser from Sergio Ramos to cancel out Diego Godín's first-half opener and take the final into extra time. Gareth Bale, Marcelo and Cristiano Ronaldo all scored in the 30 extra minutes to give Madrid a tenth European title.
• Madrid and Atlético have played six times already this term in the Spanish Super Cup, Liga and Copa del Rey; Atlético won four of those ties with two draws.
• This will be the sides' third European Cup tie, following their 2-2 aggregate draw in the 1958/59 semi-finals; on that occasion, Madrid prevailed 2-1 in a replay.
• They also faced off in the 2012/13 quarter-finals, Barcelona progressing on away goals after a 3-3 aggregate draw, and in the 1997 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final, when Barcelona's Ronaldo got the only goal in Rotterdam.
• Porto overcame Bayern 2-1 in the 1987 European Champion Clubs' Cup final in Vienna, scoring twice in the last 13 minutes to claim their first European title. Bayern got a measure of revenge by eliminating Porto in the 1990/91 and 1999/2000 quarter-finals.
• Juventus were 6-4 aggregate victors against Monaco in the 1997/98 UEFA Champions League semi-finals, Alessandro Del Piero hitting a hat-trick in the Bianconeri's 4-1 first-leg win.
Road to Berlin
• The semi-final draw follows in Nyon on 24 April, and those games will take place on 5/6 and 12/13 May. The 2014/15 UEFA Champions League final will be held on Saturday 6 June at the Olympiastadion, Berlin.