Who got the most votes? Who appeared for a record tenth time? Which clubs and national teams have provided the most players to all 15 Teams of the Year. Find out here.
Article top media content
An error occurred while playing the video
UEFA.com users' Team of the Year 2015
Goalkeeper: Manuel Neuer (Bayern München & Germany) – 3rd appearance
Defender: Dani Alves (Barcelona & Brazil) – 4
Defender: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid & Spain) – 5
Defender: Gerard Piqué (Barcelona & Spain) – 4
Defender: David Alaba (Bayern München & Austria) – 3
Midfielder: Paul Pogba (Juventus & France) – debut
Midfielder: Andrés Iniesta (Barceona & Spain) – 5
Midfielder: James Rodríguez (Real Madrid & Colombia) – debut
Forward: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid & Portugal) – 10 (record)
Forward: Lionel Messi (Barcelona & Argentina) – 7
Forward: Neymar (Barcelona & Brazil) – debut
- Lionel Messi was picked by 70% of website users while Alexis Sánchez led the Twitter votes despite missing out on the overall XI.
- Neymar, Paul Pogba and James Rodríguez take the all-time number of selected players to 74.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the first to ten selections and uniquely has appeared in more than one position: midfield (2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) and up front (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015).
- Cristiano Ronaldo is involved for the ninth year in a row and features alongside Lionel Messi for the seventh time.
- Andrés Iniesta equals Xavi Hernández and Cristiano Ronaldo's record of five midfield selections.
- Paul Pogba is the third 22-year-old to make their debut appearance after Cristian Chivu (2002) and Gareth Bale (2011). Only Cesc Fàbregas (19 in 2006) and 21-year-olds Cristiano Ronaldo (2004), Lionel Messi (2008) and David Alaba (2013) have been younger when first picked.
- Dani Alves is the first Brazilian to four selections; Lionel Messi is the only South American with more.
(if a player has appeared more than once, all their selections are counted)
Most selected players in each position
Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas 6
Defender: Carles Puyol 6
Midfielder: Andrés Iniesta, Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi Hernández 5
Forward: Lionel Messi 7
Overall: Cristiano Ronaldo 10 (5 as midfielder, 5 as forward)
- Of all these players, only Ronaldo's four selections as a Manchester United player came from a non-Spanish club
Top clubs (if a player moved in the summer transfer window, both clubs count)
1 Barcelona 41
2 Real Madrid 35
3 Bayern München 19
4 AC Milan 18
5 Juventus 12
- Real Madrid have been represented for a tenth season in a row
1 Spanish Liga 81
2 Premier League 38
3 Serie A 37
4 Bundesliga 20
5= Ligue 1/Portuguese Liga 4
- The Spanish Liga keep up their record of always having a player selected; this is just the second year after 2012 with no Premier League representation
Top national teams
1 Spain 37
2 Brazil 21
3 France 16
4 Portugal 14
5 Germany 13
- James Rodríguez is the first selection from Colombia, the 21st different nation to be represented
Continuing its support of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), UEFA will – for an eighth time – set aside €100,000 for a player voted into the UEFA.com users' Team of the Year to present to the ICRC. Find out more about the Afghan players defeating landmines with football.
Past teams and your thoughts
How does this year's team compare with the previous 14 selections? Check out our dedicated videos and share your thoughts using #TOTY.
Team of the Year 2014
Team of the Year 2013
Team of the Year 2012
Team of the Year 2011
Team of the Year 2010
Team of the Year 2009
Team of the Year 2008
Team of the Year 2007
Team of the Year 2006
Team of the Year 2005
Team of the Year 2004
Team of the Year 2003
Team of the Year 2002
Team of the Year 2001
- The 15th annual selection was picked from a shortlist of 40 chosen by UEFA.com staff writers.
- None of our star voters opted for your XI ... but plenty got close.