Which side has the most players? Which league has the most nominees? UEFA.com breaks down the figures.
Article top media content
The 50 players shortlisted for the UEFA.com fans' Team of the Year 2018 vote represent 14 clubs and 20 different national teams.
UEFA.com's editors and correspondents helped to make the selection based on players' domestic and international performances, as well as their displays in our men's club competitions: the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Super Cup. Take a a closer look at the top-line figures.
▪ At 34, Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is the oldest player nominated.
▪ The tallest player in the initial selection is Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, who stands at 1.95m.
▪ The shortest nominee is just 1.69m tall, Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kanté.
▪ Seven of the players have made over 100 UEFA club competition appearances.
▪ The youngest player in the selection is just 19, Paris forward Kylian Mbappé.
▪ The 50 players nominated have a combined age of 1389, and an average age of 27.78. Midfield is the oldest line (average age, 28.07), with the defenders averaging a relatively youthful 27.40.
Team of the Year nominees by club
9 Real Madrid
6 Atlético, Liverpool
3 Manchester City, Paris
2 Bayern, Chelsea, Marseille, Roma, Tottenham
1 Manchester United, Napoli
Team of the Year nominees by national team
3 England, Germany
2 Argentina, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Senegal
1 Costa Rica, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Wales
▪ There are twice as many Uruguayans as Argentinians among the nominees.
▪ There are three African internationals in the selection.
▪ Seven Serie A players have been nominated, but only one Italian.
▪ There are ten French nominees, but only three of those play in Ligue 1.
Team of the Year nominees by domestic league
22 Liga (Spain)
14 Premier League (England)
7 Serie A (Italy)
5 Ligue 1 (France)
2 Bundesliga (Germany)