KSC Lokeren OV will look to join Trabzonspor AŞ on six UEFA Europa League Group L points as the sides lock horns again in Belgium on matchday four.
Article top media content
KSC Lokeren OV lost 2-0 at Trabzonspor AŞ last time out but can deal their opponents a first UEFA Europa League group stage away defeat as they meet again in Group L.
• There is little to choose between Turkish and Belgian clubs going by the results of their 21 previous UEFA competition meetings, with the Turkish sides' record reading W7 D6 L8.
• Lokeren have won their last three European games by one-goal margins.
• Trabzonspor have yet to lose in four UEFA Europa League group stage away matches (W3 D1).
Trivia and links
• Although Óscar Cardozo has yet to score in this season's UEFA Europa League for his new club Trabzonspor, he made his 39th appearance in the competition proper in the Turkish side's matchday three success against Lokeren – just one short of record holder Eduardo Salvio.
• Lokeren defender Giorgos Galitsios and Trabzonspor counterpart Avraam Papadopoulos were team-mates at Olympiacos FC (2008-11).
• Lokeren coach since 2010, Peter Maes spent a big chunk of the 1990s as a back-up goalkeeper for RSC Anderlecht, later becoming No1 at KSK Beveren and R. Standard de Liège. He made his name as a coach by leading KV Mechelen back into the top division in 2006/07.
• Former Yugoslavia striker Vahid Halilhodžić took charge at Trabzonspor for a second time in summer 2014, fresh from guiding Algeria to the 2014 FIFA World Cup round of 16. He made his name in France, scoring freely for FC Nantes before joining Paris Saint-Germain, and later returned to the capital club as coach.