With a first UEFA Europa League Group E victory under their belts, Estoril Praia will look to get some momentum going as FC Dinamo Moskva head west.
Article top media content
Estoril Praia secured their first UEFA Europa League group stage victory last time out and will look to keep the good form going as they take on FC Dinamo Moskva in Group E.
• Three of Dinamo's four previous meetings with Portuguese opponents have ended in draws, with a 2-0 loss to SL Benfica in Lisbon in December 1992 halting that sequence of results.
• Estoril's six European home games to date have ended W2 D2 L2 – as indeed have their six UEFA competition away games.
• Dinamo are unbeaten in seven European matches (W4 D3) including all six of their UEFA Europa League fixtures this season. They have won four of their last seven UEFA away games, losing just one.
Trivia and links
• Estoril defender Yohan Tavares and Dinamo midfielder William Vainqueur were team-mates at R. Standard de Liège from 2012 to 2013.
• Estoril's 2-0 victory against Panathinaikos FC last time out matched the margin of their previous best European win – a 2-0 success against FC Pasching in 2013. It was also their first group stage victory in eight attempts.
• Estoril coach José Couceiro has had a varied career since taking charge of FC Alverca in the early 2000s. At various times he has been Portugal Under-21 coach and Lithuania's national team boss, opting for adventures in Turkey and Russia more recently. He took charge at Estoril this year after leaving Vitória FC.
• Dinamo coach since April 2014, Stanislav Cherchesov made his name as a goalkeeper with FC Spartak Moskva, 1. FC Dynamo Dresden and FC Tirol Innsbruck, and played international football for the Soviet Union, the CIS and Russia. As a player, he won three Austrian titles with Tirol, going on to coach FC Wacker Innsbruck along with a number of Russian sides including Spartak.