Champions League: Who is through, who can join them?
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Porto, København, Sevilla and Lyon will vie for the remaining two places in the round of 16 on Wednesday while Dortmund and Madird go for top spot: we explain the last-day permutations.
Article top media content
Porto, København, Sevilla and Lyon will vie for the remaining two places in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday while Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and Juventus go for top spots: we explain the last-day permutations.
Qualified as group winners: Arsenal (Group A), Napoli (B), Barcelona (C), Atlético (D), Monaco (E), Leicester City (G)
Qualified as group runners-up: Paris (A), Benfica (B), Manchester City (C), Bayern (D), Bayer Leverkusen (E)
Other teams already qualified: Dortmund (F), Real Madrid (F), Juventus (H)
Can go through on Wednesday: Porto (G), København (G), Sevilla (H), Lyon (H)
Confirmed transfer to UEFA Europa League round of 32: Ludogorets (A), Beşiktaş (B), Borussia Mönchengladbach (C), Rostov (D)
Can qualify for UEFA Europa League only: Tottenham (E), CSKA Moskva (E), Legia Warszawa (F), Sporting CP (F)
- Full standings
- Wednesday's games: all kick-offs 20:45CET
Group E: Bayer Leverkusen (7, through) v Monaco (11, through), Tottenham Hotspur (4) v CSKA Moskva (3)
- Monaco have won the group with Leverkusen second.
- CSKA need to defeat Spurs to finish above them in third.
Group F: Real Madrid (11, through) v Borussia Dortmund (13, through), Legia Warszawa (1) v Sporting CP (3)
- Madrid require a victory against Dortmund to pip them to first place.
- Legia have to beat Sporting to overhaul them in the race for third.
Group G: Porto (8) v Leicester City (13, through), Club Brugge (0) v København (6)
- Leicester have won the group.
- København have a head-to-head advantage over Porto on away goals so will come second if they win and Porto do not.
- Brugge are consigned to fourth position.
Group H: Lyon (7) v Sevilla (10), Juventus (11, through) v Dinamo Zagreb (0)
- Juve are through and will top the group if they win or if Sevilla fail to win (due to Juve's superior head-to head record).
- Lyon must overcome Sevilla by a margin of two goals or more to grab second ahead of their visitors. Sevilla won 1-0 at home so OL must better that victory in order to overtake their guests. One-nil would not be enough for Lyon as Sevilla would have the superior goal difference in all matches. Any other Lyon win by a one-goal margin and Sevilla go through on head-to-head away goals.
- Dinamo will finish fourth.
Standings are provisional until all matches have been played.