Georgi Dermendzhiev was ever the crowd pleaser as he lauded Real Madrid CF and Cristiano Ronaldo, but his PFC Ludogorets Razgrad side aim to upset their hosts.
Article top media content
• Madrid have won Group B; Ludogorets are aiming for UEFA Europa League spot
• Madrid need another win to set a new Spanish record of 19 successive victories
• Ludogorets took the lead in the reverse fixture before Madrid battled back
• Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 31 goals in all competitions this season
• Ludogorets have won seven of their last ten matches and have lost just once in 11
Permutations: Madrid (15pts) v Ludogorets (4)
• Madrid are through as group winners with the only remaining 100% record.
• Ludogorets are out of the UEFA Champions League but will finish third if they win, or if they draw and Liverpool lose.
Madrid: Navas; Arbeloa, Varane, Nacho, Coentrão; Illarramendi, Kroos, Isco; Bale, Hernández, Ronaldo.
• Out: James (calf), Modrić (thigh), Ramos (suspended), Khedira (head)
Ludogorets: Stoyanov; Júnior Caiçara, Moţi, Terziev, Minev; Dyakov, Fábio Espinho, Abalo, Marcelinho, Misidjan; Júnior Quixadá.
• Out: Bezjak (groin)
• Doubtful: Alexandrov (muscle strain)
Carlo Ancelotti, Madrid coach
Two players that were doing well are injured [Luka Modrić and James Rodríguez] and Khedira can't train until next week because of his head injury. Illarramendi is playing well, though, and Isco will return tomorrow. Jesé will also be in the matchday squad. He won't be in the starting lineup but I'll give him a few minutes.
We have a very competitive squad with the quality to cover these absences. I will decide on my lineup in the morning. If players are not in good condition, they won't play. The FIFA Club World Cup has been in our minds for a long time now. We would like to finish the year by winning it.
Ludogorets were strong in their own stadium and tomorrow will be the same. We are ready to play with intensity.
Georgi Dermendzhiev, Ludogorets coach
Why are you thinking this match is a gift for us? We are going to end our participation in the competition playing in a fabled stadium. We are going to play like we did in Sofia and we think it's going to be a very good match. Real Madrid are a great team, no matter what players are available.
We also know Real Madrid will beat a record if they defeat us so we must be ready. Our players have played a lot of games in the Bulgarian league but I think they are all in good condition. We have played very well in the UEFA Champions League but we have dropped many points in the domestic league.
I hope Real Madrid win the UEFA Champions League. We played well against them in Sofia. They were not at their best but they beat us. Ronaldo and Messi are the best players in the world but, as I am here in Madrid, I hope Cristiano Ronaldo wins the Golden Ball.
Madrid 3-0 RC Celta de Vigo (Ronaldo 36pen 65 81)
PFC Beroe Stara Zagora 0-4 Ludogorets (Júnior Quixadá 15, Misidjan 18 73, Wanderson 82)
Form guide (all competitions)
• How many successive UEFA Champions League home matches have Madrid won? Find out in our match background.