The UEFA Champions League round of 16 draw took place on Monday 14 December.
Article top media content
2020/21 UEFA Champions League round of 16 draw
16 February & 10 March
Leipzig (GER) vs Liverpool (ENG)
Barcelona (ESP) vs Paris (FRA)
17 February & 9 March
Porto (POR) vs Juventus (ITA)
Sevilla (ESP) vs Borussia Dortmund (GER)
23 February & 17 March
Lazio (ITA) vs Bayern (GER)
Atlético (ESP) vs Chelsea (ENG)
24 February & 16 March
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER) vs Manchester City (ENG)
Atalanta (ITA) vs Real Madrid (ESP))
When and where was the draw?
The draw took place on Monday 14 December at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland.
What were the seedings?
Bayern (GER, Group A)
Real Madrid (ESP, Group B)
Manchester City (ENG, C)
Liverpool (ENG, D)
Chelsea (ENG, E)
Borussia Dortmund (GER, F)
Juventus (ITA, G)
Paris (FRA, H)
Atlético (ESP, A)
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER, B)
Porto (POR, C)
Atalanta (ITA, D)
Sevilla (ESP, E)
Lazio (ITA, F)
Barcelona (ESP, G)
Leipzig (GER, H)
- Two seeding pots were formed: one consisting of the eight group winners and the other of the eight runners-up. No team could play a club from their own association or a club from the same group they were in.
- A first ball was drawn from the bowl containing the group runners-up; the team drawn was placed as the home team of match 1. The computer then showed which group winners were eligible to play the runner-up of match 1.
- A bowl was prepared containing the name of the group winners which were eligible; a ball was then drawn from this bowl to complete the pairing of match 1. The team drawn was placed as the visiting team of match 1.
- The procedure was repeated for the remaining matches.
- Seeded group winners are away in the round of 16 first legs and at home in the return matches.
First legs: 16/17/23/24 February
Second legs: 9/10/16/17 March
The draws are provisional and are subject to the outcome of ongoing investigations and/or legal proceedings and final confirmation by UEFA.