The group stage draw takes place on 26 August.
Article top media content
The draw is scheduled for 18:00 CET on 26 August in Istanbul, Turkey.
How the draw works
- The draw features 32 teams – 26 teams given direct entry to the group stage and the six winners of the play-off ties.
- The teams will be split into four seeding pots. Pot 1 will consist of the holders, the UEFA Europa League winners and the champions of the six highest-ranked nations who did not qualify via one of the 2020/21 titles; Pots 2 to 4 will be determined by the club coefficient rankings.
- No team can play a side from their own association. Any other restrictions will be announced ahead of the draw ceremony.
- In the case of associations with two representatives, clubs will be paired in order to split their matches between Tuesdays and Wednesdays. In the case of associations with four representatives, two pairings will be made. These pairings are to be based on TV audiences.
- The top two teams in each group advance to the round of 16.
- The third-placed sides in each group transfer to the UEFA Europa League knockout stage, where they will face the UEFA Europa League group runners-up for places in the last 16.
What are the key dates?
Matchday 1: 14/15 September
Matchday 2: 28/29 September
Matchday 3: 19/20 October
Matchday 4: 2/3 November
Matchday 5: 23/24 November
Matchday 6: 7/8 December