Zinédine Zidane has become just the fifth coach to win the UEFA Super Cup having also lifted the trophy as a player. UEFA.com reveals the identities of the previous four.
Article top media content
- Beat Sampdoria as a player, before one victory against Porto and two against Sevilla as a coach.
- Both wins came against English clubs, Manchester United dispatched by Lazio and Chelsea vanquished by a Radamel Falcao-inspired Atlético.
- Success against Werder Bremen in his playing days, followed by triumphs over Shakhtar Donetsk, Porto and Chelsea from the dugout.
- Struck the opener against Dortmund two decades ago, then steered Barça to glory in Tbilisi in his debut season in charge of the Azulgrana.
- Helped Juve to a 6-1 defeat of Paris Saint-Germain 20 years ago, and also started as Madrid prevailed 3-1 against Feyenoord in 2002. Won as a coach in Trondheim.
*Ancelotti was at Milan and Guardiola at Barcelona when they won in 1989 and 1997 respectively, but neither was involved in those fixtures.